There's no way you can be bored this Saturday, not with all the events happening all day and into the evening.
For those in the holiday spirit:
- Get your day started off right at the Greenfield library's holiday cookie and bake sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The sale will include raffles and holiday music as well, and proceeds benefit the library.
- Once you're finished purchasing cookies at the library, head to Hales Corners for the village's holiday kickoff event, which features pictures with Santa and much more.
- West Allis also has its annual Santa meet-and-greet and much, much more, beginning at 1:30 p.m. downtown on Greenfield Avenue. Don't miss the city's "Christmas on the Avenue."
- Head back to Hales Corners for Hales Corners Lutheran Church's celebration of the "First Noel" with performances at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
And for those just in a giving mood:
- The family of Autumn Markos, who was born with two congenital heart defects and needs a heart transplant, is hosting a benefit for Autumn at Jimmy K's Bar and Grill from 5-10 p.m. Auctions and raffles are among the fundraising highlights.
- A benefit for cancer patient David Wandke, a 1973 Greenfield High School graduate, will be held from 7 p.m. to midnight at The Patio, 1421 E. Howard Ave., Milwaukee. There will be a silent auction, cash bar and much more.