The following press release was issued by Lt. Col. Andrew "Yoyo" Davis:
Hello cadets, parents, guardians, school staff, and our wonderful Greenfield community! It has been a fantastic start for Air Force JROTC Corps so far in this 2012-13 school year. The WI-951 Cadets have volunteered at the State Fair, organized drill camp and freshman camp, and participated in the years first drill competition in Michigan.
Our new group staff members, with Corps Commander Abbi Farrell and Deputy Alex Morton, are ready to lead AFJROTC to another successful year! Expectations were laid out and new corps goals were established over the summer.
- Cadet goal 1 is to have the cadet corps maintain a minimum of a 2.5 GPA for the year.
- Cadet goal 2 is to have the Corps achieve an overall average of at least 93 percent on the “Mother of All Uniform Inspections”.
- School goal 1 is through fundraising efforts raise over $1,500 to donate to other school organizations.
- School goal 2 is to devote 1,250 hours of service directly to Greenfield School District.
- Community goal 1 is to dedicate 5,000 cadet service hours directly to the local community during the 2012-13 school year.
- Community goal 2 is to organize and send a care package to a deployed military unit.
Please let us know if we can assist you in any way!
The WI-951 Corps have been involved in one parade so far, the Greenfield High School homecoming parade. The WI-951 cadets presented a 50-state flag salute as the national anthem played on the football field as well.
The Corps will also demonstrate Hawk Pride during Milwaukee’s Annual Veterans Day Parade held on Nov. 10. We will also be hosting a Veterans Day ceremony in the Greenfield High School Performing Arts Center. Multiple songs, stories, and poems are going to be read to honor those who have served.
The WI-951 Corps of Cadets are back on track and will be moving forward in all aspects of the program! As always, if you have need for assistance please let us know how the cadets can jump in and help!