Police Blotter: Apple, TV DVD Series, Cologne on This Week's Wish List
A variety of items were reported stolen from local businesses and homes in Greenfield during the week of Jan. 7-13.
An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but taking that apple without paying for it will attract attention.
The 28-year-old man was warned by Greenfield police officers about retail theft and trespassing when he reportedly tried to take an apple and can of soda from Pacific Produce, 5455 S. 27th St. at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 11.
The approximate value of the goods? Just $1.50, according to the Greenfield Police Department incident log.
The man told police his friend was supposed to pay for the items, but police told him the supermarket’s management did not want him to return to the store.
That and the following incidents were reported in the Greenfield Police Department incident log during the week of Jan. 7-13:
- A 35-year-old woman was arrested for concealing health and beauty products and Green Bay Packers merchandise at Kmart 4601 S. 27th St., at 4:40 p.m. Jan. 7. The woman also had a warrant for her arrest through the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office for retail theft and was turned over to that jurisdiction.
- An 18-year-old was cited for retail theft and a 17-year-old cited for retail theft and possession of tobacco by a minor after they were caught stealing four memory cards from hhgregg, 4585 S. 76th St., at 6 p.m. Jan. 7.
- A man reported his white cargo work van was stolen from the 3600 block of South 33rd Street sometime between 12:30-3:30 a.m. Jan. 8. The vehicle was found by Milwaukee police in the 1600 block of South 22nd Street in Milwaukee at 9 a.m. the next day.
- A work computer was taken from a vehicle that was broken into while parted at Club Paragon, 3578 S. 108th St. between 7-10:30 p.m. Jan. 10.
- An employee at AT&T, 4739 S. 76th St., reported a HTC cell phone was stolen off a display sometime on Jan. 10.
- A man reportedly stole 12 DVD television series season sets from Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., at 4:50 p.m. Jan. 11. The investigation is pending.
- A resident in the 4200 block of West Hillcrest Drive reported someone entered his apartment by cutting away window screens and once inside took a television, watch, cologne and change sometime before 1:40 a.m. Jan. 12.