Police Blotter: Awesome? Depends on Who You Ask
A man who apparently left the keys to his van in the visor told police he had his vehicle stolen last week.
A man reported his white Plymouth Voyager, that he told police was covered with a lot of rust, was taken from the parking lot in the 3100 block of West American Drive after the man apparently left the key above the visor sometime before 9:10 a.m. Oct. 25.
In addition to the rust, the van was described as having a loud muffler, missing its left tail light lens cover and had a sticker that reads “I’m Awesome” on the back right side window.
And there was nothing awesome about the way a woman reportedly lost her wedding ring two days later.
A resident in the 9500 block of West Van Beck Avenue reported her mother’s wedding ring slipped off her finger and into a child’s treat bag during the neighborhood trick-or-treating event around 7:30 p.m. Oct. 27.
Those and the following incidents were reported in the Greenfield Police Department’s log for the week of Oct. 22-28:
- A woman in the 8900 block of West Howard Avenue reported her grandson stole her car sometime before 5:30 p.m. Oct. 22.
- The owner of a car parked in the parking lot of the Forum II Family Restaurant, 4711 S. 108th St., reported the car’s window was smashed and that a backpack containing a Dell laptop had been stolen sometime between 8:30 p.m. and approximately 10 p.m. Oct. 22.
- A 54-year-old man who was arrested for drunken driving in the 10200 block of West Cold Spring Road at 2:20 a.m. Oct. 24., and conveyed by an ambulance to St. Luke’s Hospital for medical treatment. He left the hospital before police could pick him up and bring him in for booking and was later found at the intersection of 43rd and Morgan Avenue.
- A man in the 4600 block of South 69th Street reported his political sign was damaged in his front yard sometime before 9:30 a.m. Oct. 24.
- A resident in the 4900 block of South Greenbrook Terrace reported medication was taken out of his mailbox sometime before 2:30 p.m. Oct. 24.
- An employee at GameStop, 7420 W. Holmes Ave. reported two men in their early 20s stole an Xbox 360 and fled on their bicycles around 6:50 p.m. Oct. 24.
- An employee at Best Buy reported a man concealed an LCD monitor for a computer and fled in a black Chevrolet Venture around 5:20 p.m. Oct. 26.
- A resident in the 3600 block of South 34th Street was cited for stealing her upstairs neighbor’s electricity when the upstairs neighbor found a extension cord plugged into one of his outlets and leading down into the basement. The man told police his neighbor’s power had been shut off.
- A 20-year-old man was arrested for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after being stopped by an officer in the 4700 block of South 76th Street at 6:40 p.m. Oct. 27.
- A man in the 3500 block of West Kimberly Avenue reported his political sign in his yard was written on and numerous other political signs were placed all over his yard sometime before 9:15 a.m. Oct. 28.