Police Blotter: Five 911 Calls in 8 Hours at Same Residence
Greenfield Police spent plenty of time tending to a domestic violence case involving a 44-year-old woman and her husband May 14.
A domestic violence case involving a 44-year-old woman and her boyfriend resulted in as many as five 911 calls from the same residence over an 8-hour span.
The woman was taken into after allegedly hitting and attacking her boyfriend in the 7000 block of West Southridge Drive at 7:50 p.m. May 14. While the woman was in custody at the Greenfield Police Station, her boyfriend called 911 for a second time, this time to report that he had found all of his belongings cut up in the closet.
By 10:30 p.m., two more 911 calls were placed regarding the physical altercation and a verbal altercation that followed, and at 3:33 a.m. the next morning, the boyfriend called 911 again, reporting that he had a 72-hour no contact order against his girlfriend and that she had returned to the apartment complex.
Police responded again, and did not find the woman, but did find the boyfriend allegedly both intoxicated and argumentative.
That and the following incidents were in the Greenfield Police Department log for May 15-20:
- A resident in the 4800 block of South 72nd Street reported his neighbor threw a chair at his window and made threats of bodily harm against him at 12:45 a.m. May 15.
- An employee at Welk’s Automotive, 8333 W. Layton Ave., reported a gas drive-off of an undetermined amount of money at 10 a.m. May 15.
- Drug paraphernalia was found in the garbage can at Progressive Insurance, 3443 S. 103rd Street, at 2:45 p.m. May 15.
- A 30-year-old man was arrested for retail theft after allegedly concealing a CD in his pants and taking a DVD out of its case at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th Street at 4:10 p.m. May 15.
- A 36-year-old man was arrested for theft after allegedly stealing money from the laundry machines at the Spruce Court apartment complex in the 4000 block of South 65th Street at 4:30 May 15.
- A 25-year-old man was arrested for retail theft after allegedly attempting to steal PS3 video game controllers from Kmart, 4601 S. 27th Street, at 5:45 p.m. May 15.
- A 27-year-old woman was arrested for alleged possession of marijuana and operating while intoxicated after she was involved in a car accident near the intersection of South 27th Street and West Layton Avenue at 6:30 p.m. May 15.
- An employee at Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th St., reported a male in his late 30s made off with a tote full of items including an unknown amount of Nicorette patches and gum and about five packs of Newport cigarettes at 4 a.m. May 16.
- A man in the 4600 block of South 27th Street reported the windows on his work truck were smashed out between 4 p.m. May 15 and 4:30 a.m. May 16. The vehicle was not entered and nothing was missing.
- A 17-year-old man was arrested for alleged possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 3300 block of West Colony Drive at 6:20 p.m. May 17.
- Four subjects were allegedly involved in a fight inside Walmart, 4500 S. 108th Street at 3:50 p.m. May 19. One of the subject’s sisters and her boyfriend began physically fighting with him and his girlfriend. Those two who initiated the fight fled and are wanted for battery and disorderly conduct.
- A woman reported her 4-year-old son’s Transformers Bumblebee bicycle was taken from their yard in the 4400 block of West Morgan Avenue at 5:15 p.m. May 19.
- An employee at Budget South Cinema reported four male subjects with their shirts off were laying in the roadway waiting for vehicles at 10:30 p.m. May 19. She said they left right after she called police and were last seen walking toward Walmart.
- A 60-year-old man was arrested for allegedly operating while intoxicated after he was trying to park his truck in the parking lot at Kopp's Frozen Custard, 7631 W. Layton Ave., and struck two vehicles in the process at 10 p.m. May 20. If convicted, it would be his fourth offense.