Police Blotter: Vicodin, Beers Topped with a Shot of Booze
That combination was unkind to a patron at Romine's High Pockets last week, one of many incidents in this week's police blotter.
It probably warned against mixing with alcohol right on the label. That is, if the bottle the pills a 55-year-old man took had a label.
Just before 1:45 p.m. Nov. 19, the manager of Romine’s High Pockets, 6125 S. 27 St. called police to tell them the 55-year-old was having trouble standing and appeared to be under the influence of more than just alcohol.
The man later told police he took two non-prescribed Vicodin for back pain caused by raking leaves, and also consumed four beers and one shot. He was turned over to the Greenfield Fire Department.
That and the following incidents were reported in the Greenfield Police Department incident log for the week of Nov. 19-25:
- A woman in the 4500 block of South Greenridge Circle told police someone cut the screen on her bedroom window to gain entry into her home sometime between Nov. 16 and 12:55 p.m. Nov. 19.
- A Greenfield detective discovered $14,000 in jewelry taken during a theft in Oak Creek was sold at Robert Haack Diamonds, 7530 W. Layton Ave., sometime before 4:30 p.m. Nov. 19. The case was turned over to the Oak Creek Police Department.
- A resident in the 3200 block of South 44th Street reported someone entered his home and stole an Xbox and Playstation game console sometime before 5:30 p.m. Nov. 19. The victim told police his son lost his house key approximately two weeks ago.
- A caller told police he believed he saw a man wearing a police uniform load a gun while sitting in a vehicle in the 3400 block of West Howard Avenue at 7:20 p.m. Nov. 19. The vehicle was gone when police arrived.
- A 46-year-old man was arrested for urinating outside of Aldi, 4225 S. 108th St., and cited for disorderly conduct at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 20.
- A resident on 35th Street reported someone siphoned about 10 gallons of gas from her car sometime before noon Nov. 23.
- After a foot chase, a 24-year-old man was taken into custody for retail theft after Best Buy security told police they watched him take computer hard drives from their boxes and conceal them before running out of the store at 12:50 p.m. Nov. 24.
- A 22-year-old man was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and possession of marijuana after being stopped for a traffic violation in the 4600 block of South 27th Street at 6:55 p.m. Nov. 24.
- A resident in the 4200 block of South 94th Street reported two 9mm handguns were stolen from the home during the summer. The theft was reported Nov. 25.
- An 18-year-old man was taken into custody for possession of marijuana after being stopped for traffic in the 4700 block of South 27th Street at 6:40 p.m. Nov. 25. A juvenile female passenger was taking into custody for possession of drug paraphernalia and another juvenile female was cited for possession of tobacco.
- Walmart security personnel reported three women walked out of the store with televisions without paying for them at 8:50 p.m. Nov. 25.
Get great local stories like this on Facebook. Click to join us!