Thief Makes Up Own Sales Terms
In this week's Police Blotter, a man allegedly stole a computer from h.h.gregg hours before the store's grand opening, and much, much more.
Just hours before h.h.gregg celebrated its grand opening, one customer apparently made up his own sale terms.
That is, if free, and stolen, qualify as a sale.
At approximately 4 p.m. Sept. 16, the day before the grand opening, a customer stole a desktop computer. The incident was caught on surveillance video.
That and the following incidents were recorded in the Greenfield Police Department log for the week of Sept. 17-23:
- A woman reported a handicap placard and a gym bag containing clothes and medication were taken from her unlocked vehicle sometime before 9:50 a.m. Sept. 16, while the car was parked in the lot St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church and School, 8500 W. Cold Spring Rd.
- A resident in the 4300 block of South 43rd Street reported his green Honda Accord was stolen at 10:15 a.m. Sept. 17.
- A man reported his 1989 GMC pickup truck was stolen out of the parking lot at 3800 W. Loomis Road sometime before 1 p.m. Sept. 17.
- A 28-year-old man was taken into custody for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of synthetic marijuana in the 3000 block of West American Drive at 5:45 p.m. Sept. 17.
- A 24-year-old man received a citation for disorderly conduct after he allegedly urinated at the intersection of 39th Street and Howard Avenue at approximately 6 p.m. Sept. 17.
- The back storm door of a home for sale in the 4200 block of South 84th Street was pried open and someone stole all the copper from the basement sometime between Sept. 15 and 9 p.m. Sept. 17, the home owner told police.
- A resident in the 4100 block of South 97th Street reported mail taken from the residence’s mail box on at least three occasions. The caller reported gifts cards that were sent in August never arrived, and an iPhone screen cover that was confirmed shipped by Amazon also never made it to him.
- A resident in the 4800 block of South 84th Street reported an outboard motor and two car engines were stolen between 2-5:30 p.m. Sept. 17.
- A resident in the 4200 block of South 61st Street reported his patio table and chairs were stolen sometime after noon Sept. 23.
- A resident in the 3800 block of South Miner Street reported his Dodge Neon was stolen sometime between 1:30 p.m. Sept. 22 and 10:30 a.m. Sept. 23.
- Asthma medication, a cell phone and a charger were reported taken from a vehicle while it was parted at Olive Garden, 4760 S. 76th Street, at approximately 5:45 p.m. Sept. 23.