Whitnall to Face Wisconsin Lutheran in Level 1 Playoff Game Friday
The Whitnall football team is back in the WIAA postseason after a one-year hiatus.
The Whitnall Falcons, who did not qualify for the postseason in 2011, will take on top-seeded and undefeated Wisconsin Lutheran at 7 p.m. Friday in a Level 1 WIAA Division 3 playoff game.
Wisco went 8-0 during the regular season, including 7-0 in the Wisconsin Little Ten. Wisco has been to the WIAA every season since 2000 and won three straight titles from 2005-07. The team was the D3 runner-up last fall.
The Falcons, seeded eight, finished the regular season 5-3, and were tri-Woodland Conference East Division champions, along with Brown Deer and South Milwaukee.
The winner of Friday’s game will play fifth-seeded Jefferson or fourth-seeded East Troy the following weekend in Level 2 action.
Seventeen schools within the Milwaukee Patch area are included in this year’s playoff field but Whitnall is one of only two among Division 3 schools. The other is Catholic Memorial, which is seeded third and takes on sixth-seeded Brown Deer at Carroll College at 7 p.m. Friday.
Additional Patch-area schools are:
- Division 1: (5 teams) Menomonee Falls, Sussex Hamilton, Muskego, Oak Creek and Racine Horlick
- Division 2: (7) Waukesha West, Brookfield Central, Brookfield East, Greendale, Shorewood/Messmer, Wauwatosa West and Whitefish Bay
- Division 5: (3) Brookfield Academy, Martin Luther and Racine St. Catherine’s
Other Patch-area postseason matchups include:
- Appleton East (#6) at Menomonee Falls (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Middleton (#6) at Sussex Hamilton (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Milwaukee Hamilton (#8) at Oak Creek (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Muskego (#6) at Badger (#3) – Saturday, 4 p.m.
- Racine Horlick (#7) at Franklin (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Waukesha West (#7) at Waterford (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Milw. Bradley Technical (#8) at Brookfield East (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Wauwatosa West (#4) at Greendale (#5) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- South Milwaukee (#6) at Brookfield Central (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Messmer/Shorewood (#7) at Whitefish Bay (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Brookfield Academy (#8) at Brillion (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Martin Luther (#6) at Laconia (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Howards Grove (#7) at Racine St. Catherine’s (#2) at Horlick Field – Friday, 7 p.m.