Invite a friend
Ingredients for a Healthy Mind
Few people know what it really takes to have optimum mental health — and the implications when we are out of balance. There now exists a “pyramid” similar to the food pyramid that introduces us to seven essential mental activities necessary for optimum mental health. These activities are considered “mental nutrients” that your brain needs on a daily basis to function at its best. By learning these you will enable your brain to coordinate and balance its activities and to strengthen it as well as to improve your connections with others.
In this class, you will learn the seven essential mental “nutrients” and how to incorporate them into your daily life. You will also learn how to give your brain enough opportunities to develop in different ways, and engage in an activity to map out a typical day so you are sure to spend time in each area. Finally, you will enjoy other exercises that will help create and maintain your best mental health.
Instructor: Ian Baker Johnson, BFA, MS, CEAP, CWC is a dedicated student of 25 years in the study of consciousness as well as personal and spiritual development. She is a life, wellness and creativity coach, a mindfulness instructor and a visual artist.
More About Alverno College
Located in Greenfield, Alverno College is a four-year independent Catholic liberal arts college for women. Promoting the personal and professional development of its students, the college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods. Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, business and community psychology.
Other events here
- West Bend Daytrip: Museum of Wisconsin Art Sat, Jun 1, 8:30 am–3:30 pm
- FABULOUS STIR-FRY! Mon, Jun 3, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- PREPARING FOR THE PRAXIS I (PPST®) EXAM Wed, Jun 12, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- YOGA MIX Wed, Jun 12, 6:15 pm–7:25 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS RE-CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 8:00 am–12:00 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 8:00 am–12:30 pm
- TELESIS WRITERS WORKSHOP Sat, Jun 15, 1:00 pm–3:30 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS RE-CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:30 pm
- SPANISH I Mon, Jun 17, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm