Invite a friend
Alverno Presents Jon Mueller: Death Blues (no time like the present)
The world premiere of Jon Mueller’s “Death Blues (no time like the present)” takes place on a radically transformed stage of the Pitman Theater on November 16 and 17. “Death Blues” is a multi-disciplinary piece involving music, design, dance, scent and food commissioned by Alverno Presents. Due to the unique nature of this performance, only 100 people may attend each show.
What happens when we thoroughly understand that our time is finite? How does the understanding of our end shape our present? How do we become more "present?" These crucial questions are often buried by routine. “Death Blues (no time like the present)” seeks to excavate these questions in ways both necessary and unexpected.
Jon Mueller is a composer and a percussionist. He has performed solo and in various groupings throughout North America, United Kingdom, Europe, and Japan, and he has worked with members of the groups Swans, Wilco and Bon Iver.
Single tickets are $20. Season subscriptions are still available at a discount off single ticket prices when purchasing three or more events. Tickets may be purchased through the Alverno Presents Box Office at 414-382-6044 or on-line at http://alvernopresents.alverno.edu.
Alverno Presents, the performing arts series of Alverno College, is celebrating its 53rd year. The series has innovated beyond our history as the longest running, continuous arts presenter in the city, to our niche of presenting contemporary dance, world music and jazz and an array of performance events. Alverno Presents shares the school’s mission by ensuring broad access to and participation in learning, experiencing and developing the arts for the learning community of Alverno, and our community as a whole. For more information on Alverno Presents, special projects, media reviews and more, visit alvernopresents.alverno.edu, contact Alverno Presents Director David Ravel at 414-382-6150, or e-mail email@example.com.
More About Alverno College
Located in Greenfield, Alverno College is a four-year independent Catholic liberal arts college for women. Promoting the personal and professional development of its students, the college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods. Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, business and community psychology.
Other events here
- West Bend Daytrip: Museum of Wisconsin Art Sat, Jun 1, 8:30 am–3:30 pm
- FABULOUS STIR-FRY! Mon, Jun 3, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- PREPARING FOR THE PRAXIS I (PPST®) EXAM Wed, Jun 12, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- YOGA MIX Wed, Jun 12, 6:15 pm–7:25 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS RE-CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 8:00 am–12:00 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 8:00 am–12:30 pm
- TELESIS WRITERS WORKSHOP Sat, Jun 15, 1:00 pm–3:30 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS RE-CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:30 pm
- SPANISH I Mon, Jun 17, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm