Invite a friend
Preparing for the PRAXIS I (PPST®)
3 Tuesdays, March 5 – 19
For anyone seeking a new career in PK-12 teaching, this practical workshop will help you gain confidence and better prepare for the Praxis I Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST®). This workshop focuses on the reading, grammar, impromptu writing and math abilities required for the successful completion of the PPST, a state requirement for teacher certification. You will learn about the topics being tested, the types of questions typically found on the test, and the strategies to use when answering the questions. You’ll also review major grammar and mathematical concepts (including algebra and geometry) covered on these multiple choice tests and practice beneficial reading and writing processes. After receiving feedback on a sample test, you will design a personal plan to follow as you continue your preparation for taking the PPST.
Instructors: Susan Witkowski and Lisa Degen, Alverno College Instructional Services
NOTE: The workbook, Learning Express: The Complete Preparation Guide for PRAXIS I, 4th ed., is required. It is available in the Alverno College Bookstore.
More About Alverno College
Located in Greenfield, Alverno College is a four-year independent Catholic liberal arts college for women. Promoting the personal and professional development of its students, the college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods. Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, business and community psychology.
Other events here
- Cooking: Pancakes, Crepes, Blintzes and Beyond Tomorrow, May 20, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- West Bend Daytrip: Museum of Wisconsin Art Sat, Jun 1, 8:30 am–3:30 pm
- FABULOUS STIR-FRY! Mon, Jun 3, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- PREPARING FOR THE PRAXIS I (PPST®) EXAM Wed, Jun 12, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- YOGA MIX Wed, Jun 12, 6:15 pm–7:25 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 8:00 am–12:30 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS RE-CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 8:00 am–12:00 pm
- TELESIS WRITERS WORKSHOP Sat, Jun 15, 1:00 pm–3:30 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:30 pm
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS RE-CERTIFICATION (American Heart Association) June 15, 2013 / August 17, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm