The Greenfield Department of Parks & Recreation is hosting a community Health Check Fair on Friday.
The free fair, to be held from 11 am. to 1 p.m. at the , 7215 W. Cold Spring Rd., gives older adults and caregivers the opportunity to interact with health, wellness and service providers and become more familiar and aware of the wide range of services available in the surrounding area.
Adults and caregivers can:
- Learn about safety, health and wellness at various display booths;
- enjoy musical entertainment;
- check out an art display featuring local artists;
- enjoy free snacks and coffee;
- participate in free door prize drawings and give-a-ways
- take advantage of health screenings, free educational materials and more!
Speaker Jay Wedelberger, Heritage Senior Living Community Relations Coordinator, will present Medication Safety and Fall Preventions seminars in Activity Room B.
Medication Safety: 11:15-11:45 a.m.
When taking medications it is important to know...
- Using Medication Safely
- Special instructions
- Proper storage
- Side effects
- What to ask your doctor
Falls Prevention: noon-12:45 p.m.
Falls and fall related injuries are among the most serious and common medical problems experienced by older adults. Half of all falls happen at home, so it is important to know a variety of actions to help reduce the number of accidental falls.
- Common Causes & Physical factors
- Prevention Strategies and Interventions
- Balance and strength
- Environmental modifications