It seems as if the voting season is endless. Heck, even Tuesday there’s a right here in Greenfield, leading up to the big election in November.
And while sometimes you might not feel like your vote counts when it’s among thousands casted, Greendale Patch and Greenfield Patch have a voting event that you assuredly will make a difference in:Readers' Choice!
For the last several weeks, we’ve asked you to in the Greenfield-Greendale area. Where do you go to get the best hamburger? What restaurant has the best outdoor dining? Best place for soup, sandwiches, pizza … and, well, you get the idea.
Voting lasts through Aug. 17. With a week left to vote, almost every race is still up for grabs, and some of the vote tallies as of noon Friday caught my attention:
- Best Pub has had the most participation, and one of Greenfield’s newest bars – – so far has been its most popular. The new establishment is over Greendale’s Ray and Dot’s and the in Greenfield.
- has the most votes of any business in any category in the hotly contested competition.
- is feeling the love in the category, holding a slight edge over and garnering a bunch of comments from fans as well. El Beso, meanwhile, is in two dogfights – the brightly colored hotspot is challenging for the top spot in .
- , not surprisingly, has the lead in the race, but is facing a stiff battle with and others for . Red Robin, coincidentally, is leading the challenge.
- is looking for a pair of wins, leading the and category. Umm, soup and sandwich … I gotta go. I’m getting hungry.