A man in the 7300 block of West Southridge Drive told police the screen of a window was ripped off and someone entered his apartment and took items while he was sleeping sometime before 6:35 a.m. Jan. 30.
That and the following incidents were reported in the Greenfield Police Department incident log for the week of Jan. 28-Feb. 3:
- A Greenfield man was arrested for domestic violence after his wife told police he pinned her down and took her cell phone while they were in the 4200 block of South 60th Street at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 28.
- A woman reported her purse was stolen while she was at El Beso, 5030 S. 74th Street Jan. 27, and that her debit card was used a gas station by 8:30 a.m. Jan 28.
- A 17-year-old student was cited for disorderly conduct for swearing at Whitnall High School on Jan. 28.
- Two females fled Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., with a shopping cart of merchandise at 1:55 p.m. Jan. 28.
- A woman reported her wallet and cell phone were stolen from her unlocked locker at the YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., sometime before 7:15 p.m. Jan. 28. The woman later found the wallet but told police the money had been removed.
- A Walmart employee reported a man took two Vizio LCD televisions without paying for them at around 9 p.m. Jan. 28. The man got into a vehicle with another person and the two sped off.
- Two 16-year-old high school boys were cited for disorderly conducted after fighting at school sometime before noon Jan. 29.
- Walmart employees reported that at 7:15 p.m. Jan. 28, a man and woman took a desktop computer along with other merchandise before leaving in a mid-1990s silver vehicle.
- An employee at Blockbuster told police a customer was rude and throwing movies at employees at 10 p.m. Jan. 29. The customer was advised to leave and not return and told if he does, he’d be arrested for trespassing.
- A lawn mower and a refrigerator were among the items reported stolen from an employee of Layton Glass, 6700 W. Layton Ave., at 10 a.m. Jan. 30.
- Police responded to a single-car accident that resulted in a tree being uprooted and a fire hydrant knocked off in the 11800 block of West Layton Avenue at 11:15 a.m. Jan. 30.
- An employee at Crazy Jim’s, 5371 S. 27th St., reported someone attempted to steal the seats out of a 2007 Chevy Tahoe sometime before 11:30 a.m. Jan. 30.