Somewhere, a toddler is hungry.
At 2:45 p.m. Aug. 6, the management owner of the office building at 4811 S. 76th St., which is home to several Greenfield businesses including , told Greenfield police he received a call from one of the tenants who said he found a bag of drugs on the floor in the elevator.
Police found the bag, but no drugs. Instead, the clear plastic baggie contained one cinnamon graham cracker
According to police, the cracker was properly disposed of in the garbage.
That and the following incidents were reported in the incident log for the week of Aug. 5-12:
- A man reported the two passenger side tires and rims on his vehicle were stolen between 7 p.m. Aug. 5 and 4:30 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 5000 block of South 67th Street.
- Greenfield police recovered a stolen gold van at 4645 S. 27th Street after an Quik Cash employee called police and reported the vehicle was unoccupied and running in the parking lot for an hour and a half Aug. 6. The vehicle was confirmed stolen by the Milwaukee Police Department.
- A 22-year-old man was arrested for allegedly carrying a concealed knife and for alleged possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop in the 4300 block of South 76th Street at 7:50 p.m. Aug. 6. Stopped for traffic.
- A 64-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for alleged defrauding a restaurant keeper when he refused to pay for his $33 bill at Outback Steakhouse at approximately 10:30 p.m. Aug. 6.
- A resident brought her 7-year-old to the station at 1 p.m. Aug. 7 and had him meet with a police officer. The 7-year-old was given a stern lecture and told to straighten up or else he would have to meet with that officer again.
- A driver eventually found unconscious due to diabetic issues was swerving on the road near the intersection of Highway 100 and West Layton Avenue and struck another vehicle at 4:50 p.m. Aug. 7.
- The Division of Public Works reported culvert pipes were stolen sometime between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 7 and 8:15 am. Aug. 8. A 5-foot piece of new 12-inch diameter corrugated metal pipe and a 20-foot piece of old, rusty corrugated metal pipe were taken from the are of South 69th Street and West Van Norman Ave.
- A man reported two laptops were taken from his vehicle in the 4600 block of South 76th Street between 6:15- 8:15 p.m. Aug. 8.
- Three men were apprehended and turned over to Milwaukee police after they allegedly stole an air conditioning unit in the 3300 block of West Iona Terrace in Milwaukee at 9:45 p.m. Aug. 10. The men were taken into custody in front of the scrap yard at 6500 S. 13th Street.
- A man who purchased a home in the 6200 block of S. 38th Street reported to police Aug. 10 the copper pipes had been stolen from the home sometime before he moved in a few weeks earlier.
- A woman reported someone tried to steal her 2001 Black Chrysler 300 in the 3400 block of West Lynndale Avenue at 9:15 p.m. Aug. 10. The suspect caused damage to the steering column.
- A man reported his Evinrude boat motor was stolen from his boat, which was in his backyard in the 12100 block of West Chapman Avenue, between July 25 and Aug. 11 while the man was on vacation.
- A man and woman were asked by police to find somewhere less public to celebrate their 2-month anniversary after a caller reported the car they were in was parked suspiciously in the 4200 block of south 35th Street at 9:40 p.m. Aug. 12.