A 20-year old man was cited for retail theft, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest when he allegedly stole several video games from , 4610 S 76th Street last week.
The man reportedly concealed the games and then went into the bathroom. When he came out, he fled the store and ran across 76th Street before police apprehended him near at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 29.
That and the following incidents were included in the log for the week of Aug. 26 to Sept. 2:
- A resident in the 6500 block of West Bottsford Avenue reported his house was “tomatoed” – think the more traditional egged but with the popular vegetable instead – sometime before 8:15 a.m. Aug. 28.
- An employee from Walmart, 4500 S. 108th St., reported two women stole a dozen cans of baby formula and clothing at approximately 2:40 p.m. Aug. 27.
- A resident in the 8900 block of West Forest Home Avenue reported someone broke into her apartment and stole jewelry sometime before 3 p.m. Aug. 27.
- A woman said car was broken into and her purse stolen in the parking lot of the YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., sometime before 7:30 p.m. Aug. 27.
- A woman reported two laptop computers stolen from her residence in the 3100 block of South 46th Street sometime before 11 p.m. Aug. 27.
- An unknown subject reportedly went through customers’ vehicles and was seen on surveillance video doing so at the Rosen Service Department, 5505 S. 27th St. sometime before 11:30 a.m. Aug. 26
- An employee at Party City, 5058 S. 74th St., reported a woman in her teens attempted to purchase items with a counterfeit $100 bill at 2:30 p.m. Aug. 28.
- A chainsaw, hand grinder and circular saw were reported stolen from an unlocked dump truck in the 4300 block of South 72nd Street sometime before 4 p.m. Aug. 28.
- A resident in the 7500 block of West Layton Avenue reported her 26-year-old granddaughter stole and sold her jewelry sometime before 10 p.m. Aug. 30. The suspect was ordered in for booking.
- A man reported all four of his tires were slashed in the 7000 block of West Southridge Drive sometime before 8:45 p.m. Aug. 31.
- A woman’s purse was reported stolen after a suspect smashed her front passenger window of her car that was parked near the walking/bike path at the intersection of South 116th Street and West Morgan Avenue sometime before 8 p.m. Aug. 31.
- An 18-year-old woman was arrested for retail theft after she allegedly concealed items in the cosmetic department at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th Street, just before noon Sept. 1.