Thefts from vehicles or lockers at the , 11311 W. Howard Avenue, seem to be a somewhat regular occurrence, but last week a thief upped the ante.
According to the Greenfield Police Department log, a YMCA patron had his lockerroom locker broken into around 8 p.m. July 2. The thief reportedly took the keys to his vehicle, went to the parking lot and drove off with it.
On a much lesser scale, another YMCA patron reported his locker was broken into between 4:15-5:35 p.m. and that a cell phone, keys and clothes were taken.
Those and the following incidents were reported in the Greenfield police log for the week of July 2-8:
- A resident in the 3100 block of West American Drive reported his black 2008 Suzuki motorcycle was taken from the residence sometime after 10 p.m. July 1.
- A customer at , 4859 S. 76th Street, reported his wife’s wedding ring was stolen from a table while they were dining about 8:30 p.m. July 2.
- A resident in the 9300 block of West Cold Spring Road reported her mailbox had been stolen during the morning of July 3. Other neighborhood mailboxes had been opened as well, and police found some mail scattered on the ground.
- A resident in the 5900 block of West Cold Spring Road reported her patio furniture had been slashed sometime after 11:30 p.m. July 2.
- A resident in the 3600 block of South Rivershire Drive reported July 3 that her blue Trek 1000 bicycle was stolen from her closed garage within the last two weeks.
- A 71-year-old man, who had been a customer at , 4260 S. 76th Street, was taken into custody for alleged drunk driving at the man’s residence on Waterford Avenue on July 3. If convicted, it would be his first offense.
- Two 19-year-old women were taken into custody after a traffic stop at the intersection of South 60th Street and West Forest Home Avenue at 7 p.m. July 4. One of the women was cited for hindering an officer and resisting arrest. The other was cited for hindering, resisting, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Greenfield police responded to at least 10 calls of illegal fireworks July 4.
- A 17-year-old male reported his iPod Touch was taken from a picnic table at , 5151 W. Layton Ave. at 11:20 p.m. July 4. The device was later returned.
- A resident in the 3900 block of South Sunset Square reported the theft of a child’s motorized bike sometime July 5.
- A 22-year-old man was cited for carrying a concealed knife after his juvenile friend was stopped for traffic at the intersection of South 35th Street and West Barnard Avenue at 4:20 p.m. on July 8.