A Greenfield man reported to police his ex-girlfriend was sending him harassing text messages on Christmas Day and told police he no longer wanted to have contact with her.
The “harassing” message the Greenfield man received? “Merry Christmas,” according to the police department incident report.
The man was advised that the message was not harassing in nature.
That and the following incidents were reported to the Greenfield Police Department during the week of Dec. 24-30:
- A woman reported her husband’s wedding ring was stolen from the YMCA, 11311 W. Howard Ave., around 5 p.m. Dec. 23.
- A man in the 2900 block of Cold Spring Road reported two electric saws were taken from his garage sometime before 10:15 a.m. Dec. 25.
- A 26-year-old woman, who just days earlier was arrested for attempting to shoplift a cartful of items from Target, was pulled over and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at the intersection of South 36th Street and West Cold Spring Road at 4 a.m. Dec. 26.
- A resident in the 4200 block of South 60th Street reported her tires were slashed sometime before 5 p.m. Dec. 28.
- A resident in the 4000 block of South 56th Street reported his snow blower, iPod and charger were stolen sometime between Dec. 22-23.
- Residents in the 5900 block of South 32nd Street reported a 25-milligram bottle of liquid morphine and a bottle with an unknown amount of Lorazepam were taken from the building’s refrigerator. The medication belonged to an elderly woman who is under hospice care in the home. The theft occurred sometime between 5:30 a.m. Dec. 17 and 8:30 p.m. Dec. 18.
- A woman reported the catalytic converter was stolen from her car while it was parked at the Loomis Park ‘n Ride sometime between 6:40 a.m. and 5:10 p.m. Dec. 28. Another catalytic converter was reported taken from a vehicle in the 3900 block of West Loomis Road the next day.
- A 25-year-old woman was arrested for possession of heroin during a traffic stop at the intersection of South 27th Street and West Layton Avenue at 4 p.m. Dec. 29.
- A resident in the 4600 block of South 48th Street reported his snow blower and tools were taken from his locked garage sometime before 4:10 p.m. Dec. 29.