There are certainly better ways to show that you disagree with someone's political beliefs.
A resident in the 3300 block of South 103rd Street reported two Obama campaign signs were torn up sometime between 4:30 p.m. Sept. 7 and 3 p.m. Sept. 8.
That and the following incidents were recorded in the Greenfield Police Department log for the week of Sept. 10-16:
- A 19-year-old man was taken into custody for alleged possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop near the intersection of South 27th Street and West Grange Avenue at 1:35 a.m. Sept. 10.
- A torch set and heater were reported stolen from the garage in the 4600 block of West Anthony Drive at 5:45 a.m. Sept. 10.
- A 39-year-old man was arrested for allegedly stealing a vehicle from Griffin Hub at 5:15 p.m. Sept. 11.
- A 24-year-old man was cited for alleged retail theft after he was reportedly seen concealing items in the jewelry department at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th Street, at 3:55 p.m. Sept. 12.
- A resident in the 5700 block of West Bottsford Avenue reported her garden hose was sliced in half sometime before 5:20 p.m. Sept. 12.
- A counterfeit $20 bill was reportedly passed at rummage sale in the 4200 block of South 81st Street at 2:45 p.m. Sept. 14.
- A woman reported her vehicle was broken into and that her back pack with a camera and Apple laptop computer were taken in the parking lot of Plato’s Closet, 7820 W. Layton Ave., at 4:20 p.m. Sept. 15.
- A set of four brakes and shocks and two briefcases containing a digital camera and phone chargers were reportedly taken from a vehicle in the La-Z-Boy parking lot, 7900 W. Layton Ave., sometime before 9:30 p.m. Sept. 15. The thief gained access to the vehicle by smashing the side rear passenger window.
- A 43-year-old man was arrested for alleged drunk driving when his Harley Davidson motorcycle was pulled over by police outside of Longshots Sports Bar, 5045 W. Loomis Rd., at 2:15 a.m. Sept. 16. If convicted, it would be his fourth offense.