A 32-year-old man was arrested for stealing two Dyson vacuums from Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave. at 3:45 p.m. Feb. 10, when police say he walked out of the store without paying for the expensive cleaning devices.
It was later determined the man was the same one who stole two similar vacuums from the same store Jan. 2.
That and the following incidents were reported in the Greenfield Police Department log for the week of Feb. 4-11:
- A man in the 5700 block of West Abbott Avenue reported footprints leading up to his garage window, going around his house and by his patio were made sometime before 12:45 p.m. Feb. 4.
- An administrator at Greenfield Middle School reported receiving four voicemails from a parent that were harassing in nature Feb. 4. Police advised the parent to deal with another administrator in the future and to keep the calls to the issues with her child and not include personal attacks or threats of any nature.
- An employee at BP, 12345 W. Layton Ave., was arrested for stealing lottery tickets from the business Feb. 4.
- A woman reportedly attempted to shoplift $55 in window drapes from Target, 4777 S. 27th St. at 4 p.m. Feb. 4. The woman fled the scene when being questioned by store security.
- A 32-year-old woman was transported to Froedtert Hospital and later arrested for operating while intoxicated after she struck a parked car in the 3900 block of South 84th Street at 10 p.m. Feb. 4.
- A 33-year-old man was taken into custody at his home Feb. 5, the day after he passed a forged prescription for Oxycodone at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St.
- Three people were taken to Froedtert Hospital following a rollover accident involving two cars at the intersection of South 35th Street and West Layton Avenue just before 1 p.m. Feb. 6.
- A man was arrested for domestic violence - disorderly conduct after his girlfriend reported he threw a television across the apartment and was screaming at her children sometime before 4:10 p.m. Feb. 6.
- A woman reported seeing a 25- to 30-year-old male exposing himself in the 7100 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 5:25 p.m. Feb. 7. The man was gone upon officers’ arrival.
- An 18-year-old man was cited for doing donuts in the Konkel Park parking lot at 2 p.m. Feb. 7.
- A 35-year-old woman who fled Kmart security after shoplifting just before 1 p.m. Feb. 8, was arrested at the nearby Suburban Motel by Greenfield police. Once she was in custody, she was also cited for using an alias. She then had to be treated by GFD and transported to St. Francis Hospital because she claimed she was having an asthma attack.
- A 33-year-old man stopped for traffic near 36th Street and West Layton Avenue gave police a false name when he was pulled over, and for good reason. Turns out he had five outstanding warrants with the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office and two with the Greenfield Police Department.
- A 44-year-old man was arrested for battery after police say he beat up his girlfriend in the 3900 block of West Howard Avenue at 9 p.m. Feb. 10.