A school bus carrying Greenfield Middle School students was involved in an accident with a car at approximately 7:30 a.m. Jan. 25. No injuries were reported but some students arrived to school late.
That morning, other reported accidents included a driver knocking down a light pole in the 8700 block of West Forest Home Avenue and a car striking a house in the 4400 block of South 68th Street.
Those and the following incidents were recorded in the Greenfield Police Department log for the week of Jan. 21-27:
- Police told juveniles caught with air soft pellet guns in Zablocki Park at 2:15 p.m. Jan. 21, they would be cited and the guns confiscated if they were caught playing with them again.
- An employee at Kmart reported two women stole a cart worth of merchandise at approximately 4:30 p.m. Jan. 21, before fleeing in a maroon Buick.
- A juvenile employee at TJ Maxx was arrested for theft and possession of marijuana after it was reported he was stealing cash and merchandise from the store Jan. 21.
- A woman told police several bottles of medication, a Nikon camera and an iPod were taken from her car while it was parked in the Pick ‘n Save parking lot, 4279 S. 76th St., between 5:45-6 p.m. Jan. 21.
- A woman reported she received a phone call from a subject telling her the Microsoft warranty on her computer had expired Jan. 22. The woman told police she went to a couple of the websites the caller told her to go to and she believes the caller gained access to her computer.
- An employee at Kmart, 4601 S 27th St., told police a man cut the wire attached to a display cell phone, took the phone and then fled with a female accomplice at 8:15 p.m. Jan. 22.
- Two juvenile males and one juvenile female were arrested for retail theft at Plato’s Closet, 7820 W. Layton Ave., at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 23.
- A 17-year-old boy was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of tobacco and for carrying a concealed knife at Whitnall High School, 5000 S. 116th St., Jan. 24.
- A woman in the 10100 block of West Cold Spring Road reported some of her jewelry was missing from her residence and the items had been taken between Oct. 31 and Jan. 17.
- A black circle was reportedly painted on the hood of a man’s 2012 Chevy Malibu sometime before 2:15 p.m. Jan. 25, when the car was parked in the 4800 block of South Root River Parkway.
- Three boys, ages 18 and under, were cited for disorderly conduct and underage drinking after they were involved in a fight in the road in the 4100 block of West Loomis Road at approximately 1 a.m. Jan. 26.
- A 24-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman were arrested for retail theft and possession of drug paraphernalia Jan. 26, when they reportedly tried to remove security tags off headphones at Best Buy, 4610 S. 76th St.