A woman in the 4200 block of South 61st Street reported her mailbox was knocked off its post during the evening of Aug. 12 or early morning of Aug. 13.
A resident in the 6100 block of West Leroy Avenue reported a damaged mailbox during the same time frame as well, and several more mailboxes in the 6100 block of West Leroy Avenue were reported damaged during the evening of Aug. 17 or early morning of Aug. 18.
Those and the following incidents appeared in the log for the week of Aug. 13-19
- A Greenfield officer was waved down by a robot street performer who was seeking directions at the intersection of South 27th Street and Layton Avenue at 1:30 a.m. Aug. 13.
- A caller dialed 911 to report a suspected prostitute and her pimp leaving a nearby apartment complex in the 3700 block of W. Mangold Ave. at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 13. She said she saw a woman in her late 20s wearing skimpy clothes walking out of an apartment building and into an older blue Cadillac, which was waiting for her in the cul de sac.
- A woman in the 7000 block of West Southridge Drive reported a man came to her door around 6 p.m. Aug. 13, when she was not home. The man, described as 40 years old, taller and bald, spoke with the woman’s 12-year-old daughter, who was home alone, and said he worked for Time Warner Cable. He needed to “scan” the apartment, put his arm through the open door and waved a device as though he was scanning something. Time Warner Cable told Greenfield police they did not have anyone working in the area at that time.
- A resident in the 4400 block of South 50th Street reported his son possibly stole jewelry from the residence to support his heroin addiction. He notified police at 8 p.m. Aug. 14.
- A 19-year-old man was taken into custody for alleged prowling and resisting arrest in the 4400 block of South 43rd Street after he allegedly tried to enter a home in the 4500 block of West Bottsford Avenue at 5 a.m. Aug. 15.
- A 19-year-old male was taken into custody for possession of marijuana and schedule IV narcotics when he was found breathing but unresponsive in his Buick Regal, which was disabled in traffic in the 5500 block of South 27th Street at 8 p.m. Aug. 15. His passenger, a 19-year-old woman, was taken into custody for resisting arrest.
- A man reported an aluminum ladder was stolen from the top of his service truck sometime between 10 p.m. Aug. 15 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 6700 block of West Bottsford Ave.
- An air conditioning unit was reported stolen in the 6000 block of South 27th Street sometime before 10:30 a.m. Aug. 17.
- An employee’s bicycle was reported stolen from , 4275 S. 27th St., at 9 p.m. Aug. 17.
- A 27-year-old man was arrested for alleged retail theft when an employee at , 4610 S. 76th St., told police he saw him concealing DVDs at 2:15 p.m. Aug. 18.
- A 26-year-old man was taken into custody for alleged possession of drug paraphernalia in the 5000 block of South 74th Street after a witness reported he was stumbling around at 7:50 p.m. Aug. 18.