A man reported his vehicle was broken into while parked in the parking lot of , 5070 S. 74th St., at 5:40 p.m. Aug. 20. He told police a bag containing miscellaneous items, including a hand gun, was missing.
Three days later, the gun was located under the front passenger seat in a vehicle that had been towed to , 3655 S. 108th Street, by Greendale Police.
That and the following incidents were reported in the log for the week of Aug. 20-26:
- Copper pipe was reported stolen from the new Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave., sometime prior to 10:20 a.m. Aug. 20.
- A woman received a call requesting donations for the Greenfield Fire Department, but after giving her credit card information and donating $20 she was informed the call she received Aug. 20 was made by Center Stage Attractions on behalf of the Professional Fire Fighters Association of Wisconsin, and not the GFD.
- A man reported several rings and a necklace missing from his residence in the 3900 block of South 43rd Street. He believed the theft occurred between Aug. 14 and Aug. 19.
- A 27-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man were arrested for alleged retail theft after the woman concealed merchandise at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th Street and fled on foot towards the Suburban Motel, where they were located and taken into custody at 8 p.m. Aug. 20.
- A 28-year-old shirtless man was cited for prowling when he allegedly knocked on patio door in the 3100 block of West Kimberly Avenue at 6 a.m. Aug. 21, and then sat on the patio without permission.
- A woman reported her 2002 Dodge vehicle was stolen sometime overnight Aug. 20 from the 2400 block of South 50th Place. Approximately 11 hours later, the Milwaukee Police Department found the vehicle the area of 5135 N. 32nd Street in Milwaukee.
- A woman in the 6800 block of West Holmes Avenue reported her grill was stolen sometime in the morning of Aug. 21.
- Two juveniles were arrested for retail theft after allegedly stealing hair dye from Walgreens, 4296 S. 76th Street at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 21.
- A 20-year-old man was taken into custody for alleged prowling, underage drinking and resisting arrest when he allegedly attempted to force his way into a residence in the 6900 block of West Allerton Avenue at 11:15 p.m. Aug. 22.
- A woman in the 5400 block of South Tuckaway Court told police she received a telephone call stating she had won money. After she gave the caller personal information, more than $3,000 was withdrawn from her checking account without permission on Aug. 23.
- All four tires of a vehicle parked in the Kindred Transitional Care & Rehab-Milwaukee, 5700 W. Layton Ave., parking lot were reportedly slashed between 10 p.m. Aug. 23 and 10:30 a.m. Aug. 24.
- An employee at , 4350 S. 76th Street, reported a man and woman stole a pair of women’s Nike shoes and fled in their vehicle at 7 p.m. Aug. 24.
- A husband and wife reportedly found a 30-year-old woman going through items in their garage when they returned home just after midnight Aug. 26. The husband cornered the woman, who was taken into custody for alleged burglary.
- An 18-year-old was arrested for alleged criminal damage after Greendale police found him with a stop sign from Greenfield just after midnight Ag. 26.