There's nothing like making a bad situation worse.
A 50-year-old woman, who was stopped for a traffic violation, in the 4600 block of South 76th Street at 1:40 p.m. July 14, was taken into custody by Greenfield police officers for alleged possession of a controlled substance.
She also was cited for using an alias during the stop, and she had nine outstanding warrants with the West Allis Police Department.
That and the following incidents were reported in the log for the week of July 9-15:
- A 1999 Suzuki motorcycle was reported stolen from the parking lot in the 6700 block of W. English Meadows Drive at 9:20 a.m. July 9.
- A 40-year-old man was taken into custody for prowling and possession of a controlled substance outside of Candy’s Homestyle Laundry, 6401 W. Forest Home Ave., at 12:20 p.m. July 9.
- A bright green bike with purple handlebars was reported stolen from the parking lot at 1:05 p.m. July 9.
- A 56-year-old man was cited for disorderly conduct after he allegedly became beligerent with a employee working at customer service. The man also allegedly threw an object over the counter as he was leaving at 5:45 p.m. July 9.
- A 26-year-old man and a 28-year-old man received various drug-related citations after an officer was flagged down by someone reporting the two men were allegedly smoking marijuana in their car in the 4900 block of South 76th Street at 7:50 p.m. July 9. The 26-year-old was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and the 28-year-old for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- A resident in the 3000 block of West Cold Spring Road reported two wedding rings and perfume were stolen from her residence June 1. She reported the incident to police July 9.
- An employee of the Falcon Glen Apartments, 5049 S. Falcon Glen Blvd., reported the television in the clubhouse was smashed sometime in the morning of July 10 in what might have been a possible attempted burglary.
- A customer allegedly used a counterfeit $20 bill at , 5040 S. 76th Street, during the evening of July 10.
- An employee at Fox River Mart, 4621 W. Forest Home Ave., reported at 5 am. July 12 that someone attempted to gain entry by breaking the lock between 11 p.m. July 11 and the time of the call.
- A woman reported racial slurs were spray painted on the children play area signs in , 3717 W. Howard Ave.. at 3:30 p.m. July 12.
- A resident reported her basketball hoop was stolen from her home in the 4400 block of South 50th Street at 4:15 p.m. July 12.
- A man reported his utility truck was broken into and tools, including a DeWalt air compressor, a DeWalt nail gun and more were taken from an unlocked storage compartment on the man’s truck between 6:30 p.m. July 12 and 8:30 a.m. July 13 in the 4700 block of South 112th Street.
- A man reported an air conditioner compressor was stolen from his deceased mother’s house in the 3200 block of South 46th Street between July 6 and July 13.