A 21-year-old man traveled neither over the river nor through the woods to get to his grandmother’s.
He chose a far more unconventional route.
The man was taken into custody for trespassing when he was found climbing onto a balcony and trying to get into his grandmother’s apartment in the 6500 block of West English Meadows Drive just before noon April 10.
That and the following incidents were recorded in the Greenfield Police Department log for the week of April 8-14:
- A man reported someone vandalized the former Hostess Cakes building, 5340 W. Loomis Road, with graffiti, sometime before 6:30 a.m. April 8.
- An employee at the Forum II Family Restaurant, 4711 S. 108th St., gave her phone to a customer to use on April 5 and the customer left with it.
- A resident in the 4200 block of South 90th Street reported an envelope containing $6,000 in cash was stolen from the home sometime before 6 p.m. April 8.
- A resident in the 3700 block of South 53rd Street told police his garage door was open and that when he went inside for approximately 30 minutes at about 9 p.m. April 8, someone stole numerous tools.
- A juvenile female was mailed citations for trespassing and disorderly conduct for her part in a fight at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St., at 8:30 a.m. April 10.
- A Milwaukee County Transit bus driver reported a passenger spit on him around 11 a.m. April 10, near the intersection of South 35th Street and West Howard Avenue. The 28-year-old man was arrested.
- Kmart employees reported two women with a baby in the stroller stole items from the store, 4601 S. 27th Street, around 2:45 p.m. April 10.
- A 20-year-old man was arrested for possession of heroin after a relative reported he passed out in the shower in the 5100 block of South 46th Street at 1:30 p.m. April 11.
- Two 15-year-old Whitnall High School male students were cited for disorderly conduct after they teased each other and then got into a food fight that turned physical April 11.
- The window of a vehicle was smashed out while it was parked in the lot of Club Paragon, 3578 S. 108th St., sometime around midnight April 13. A woman’s purse was taken from the car.
- A male who used wire cutters to remove PlayStation 3 controllers from the packages at Kmart, 4601 S. 27th St., was arrested for retail theft at 1:30 p.m. April 13.