Greenfield students of all ages made a name for themselves in 2012.
From winning a state title to landing a scholarship, they gave a glimpse of their bright futures by taking on big challenges.
Here are some of our favorites student achievements of the past 12 months.
- Rachel Stave proved to be one of the best high school divers in the state of Wisconsin’s history, while Michelle Garner hurdled her way to a state title.
- These up-and-coming athletes from Edgewood Elementary School could be the next Rachel Staves and Michelle Garners of the city.
- Speaking of the Staves, ex-Whitnall star quarterback Joel Stave took a turn as the Wisconsin Badgers quarterback before getting hurt.
- It’s not all about athletics, as former Greenfield wrestler Matt Ostovich proved when he earned Academic All-American status at MSOE.
- Miss Perfect Stephanie Breunig, Whitnall’s 2012 salutatorian recorded a perfect score on the ACT.
- The all-around talented Lauren Engel proved hard work and well-roundedness pays off when she earned a scholarship to Marquette.
- Speaking of reeling in scholarships, Kyle Chelminiak hauled in the big one thanks to his special talent.