Whitnall Middle School's football fields will be alive with helmets crunching, whistles blowing and fans cheering Saturday, as 33 youth football teams participate in the Whitnall Hit It! Scrimmage 2013.
The event, one of Southeastern Wisconsin’s largest youth football scrimmages, runs all day beginning at 8 a.m.
There will be as many as six matchups going on at any one time, leaving plenty to choose from for spectators.
A few of the interesting local matchups are Greenfield vs. Greendale and Whitnall vs. Greenfield at the seventh- and eighth-grade level.
Here are some more details:
- Each team will have at least four 30-minute sessions. Each team will have at least two byes.
- There will be 5 minutes in between sessions
- A air horn will blow at the beginning and end of each session
- Typically, one team runs offense for 15 minutes, then teams switch
- There will be a quick double horn blast to notify you to change
Concessions and t-shirts will be available starting at 8 a.m. with proceeds going to the Whitnall Youth Football & Cheerleading program.Among the teams represented this year are:
- Brown Deer
- New Berlin West
- Brookfield Central Lancers Blue & White
Here is a MapQuest link to the Middle School.
And here are photos from last year's event.