Warm weather is here to stay and the is offering summer programming for all ages.
“Can you Imagine?” – Summer Storytime
Mondays at 10:30 a.m.; June 18 through July 23
Let Mr. Mark, Library Storyteller, entertain you this summer with stories that will engage your imagination. Storytime is held in the story corner of the Children’s Library.
All ages welcome. Adults must stay with the children during the program. No registration required.
Days of Dreaming - Family Programming
1:30 p.m. Mondays; in the Library Community Room (Registration not required).
- June 18 - Magician LaBak will astound and entertain!
- June 25 - Mary Tooley with Art in a Suitcase
- July 2 - Mr. Mark Library Storyteller
- July 9 - Nature in the Parks presents “Welcome to the Night”
- July 16 - Mr. Mark Library Storyteller
- July 23 - Mr. Mark Library Storyteller
Evenings of Wonder – Family Programing
6:30 p.m. Thursdays; in the Library Community Room (Registration not required).
- June 14 - Puppet Story Theater with their funny and clever puppet show
- June 21 - Tony Gustin’s Creepy Crawly Zoo
- June 28 - Naturalist David Stokes and his “Creatures of the Night!”
- July 5 - Mr. Mark Library Storyteller
- July 12 - Karl Debelak roars in with his dinosaur program
- July 19 - Mr. Mark Library Storyteller
- July 26 - Mr. Mark Library Storyteller
Free Family Movies
2 p.m. Tuesdays
Join us for a free family movie in the air conditioned Greenfield Library Community Room on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. from June 12 through July 31 (no movie on June 19). Snacks will be served. Registration not required.
A list of the movies will be available at the Library or call the Library at 414-321-9595 Ext. 104 for more information.
Afternoon Activities for Teens
2 p.m. Wednesdays; in the Library Community Room
- June 13 - Book Blind Dating/Ice Cream Social: Come and make your own ice cream sundae. Then, get to know a couple of books you may have overlooked on the shelf.
- June 27 - Library Fear Factor: Do you have what it takes to survive all of the grueling and disgusting challenges to become the Library’s Fear Factor champion?
- July 11 - Cupcake Decorating: Compete with others to create the most unique cupcake and decorate some extras to take home.
- July 25 - Just Dance-athon: Show off all your best dance moves and compete to become the Library’s top dancing star. Prizes will be awarded to the top dancers.
All teen programs are held in the Library Community Room. Registration is not required.
Youth Activities - Kids’ Library Art Day
10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 23; in the Library Community Room
Come to the Library and create fun, animal art to be permanently displayed at the library. Materials will be supplied by the Library. Registration is required.
To register, click on the Kids Link at www.greenfieldlibrary.org or call the Library at 414-321-9595 Ext. 104
Youth Activities - Library Olympics
Monday, August 6; in the Library Community Room
Ages 5–8: 1:30 p.m.
Ages 9–12: 3 p.m.
Celebrate the 2012 Summer Olympics. Compete in fun, library games. Create your own personal flag to post on our competitors board. Win gold, silver or bronze stars. Registration not required.
Summer Computer Assistance
Need help learning to use a mouse? Want extra assistance using Microsoft Office Word? Need to put together an online resume? The Greenfield Library is offering computer help!
Librarians will be available for assistance from 9 -10 a.m. on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 7
- Wednesday, June 27
- Wednesday, July 18
- Thursday, Aug. 9
- Wednesday, Aug. 29
There is a limit of 12 patrons per session. Please sign up in advance at the Adult Reference Desk or by calling the Library at 414-321-9595 Ext. 104. Let us know what type of computer help you need.
Adult Book Discussion
Greenfield Library Adult Book Discussion meets on Wednesdays from 7-8 p.m. in the Library Community Room.
Summer book discussion dates and selections are:
- June 13: Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson
- July 11: Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson
All are welcome. Registration is not required. For an expanded list of upcoming selections, go to the Adult Events link at www.greenfieldlibrary.org.
Reserve a copy of an upcoming Book Discussion selection through the County Cat link on the Library website, or by calling the Library at 414-321-9595 Ext. 104.