For many, money is tight, making it hard to make financial donations to worthy causes. But you still feel the need to do something.
Greenfield Patch has put together a list of organizations that are looking for volunteers. If you have the time, you can make a difference.
7325 W Forest Home Ave.
- Assist with senior activities, especially helping in kitchen and serving food.
- Assist with special events for seniors (such as walks).
- Assist with other special events (such as Breakfast with Santa).
9400 Boerner Dr., Hales Corners
- Children's and adult education (lead tours, present slide shows, assist with educational programs, greet participants).
- Administration/clerical (computer help, write, stuff envelopes)
- Garden docents (lead Garden Tours)
- Gift shop assistants (create displays, assist customers)
- Greeter (welcome guests)
- Library aides (shelving, catalog processing, data entry, help visitors)
- Special events, trade shows, outreach activities (set up, greeting visitors, staffing booths)
For more information: Boerner Botanical Gardens Volunteer Opportunities
5310 W. Layton Ave.
- Volunteers enhance the services provided by the Greenfield Library by contributing their time toward a variety of volunteer tasks, such as Adopt-a-Shelf, help with the Garden, assist with Children’s Programs or help staff with whatever needs to be done. Library volunteers can make a commitment to regular, ongoing volunteer tasks, or they can help staff with special projects or events.
For more information: Greenfield Public Library Go to: About: Jobs & Volunteering
11311 W. Howard Ave.
- Program (coaching Youth Sports, mentoring students, assisting with child care program)
- Philanthropy (help raise funds)
- Special events (help plan, promote and run events)
- Advisory or policy (provide leadership)
For more information: Volunteer at the YMCA
3939 S. 92nd St.
- Escorting residents to and from in-house activities.
- Escorting residents on outings.
- Assisting in Gift Shop and Country Store
- Delivering mail
- Pastoral Care
- Fun new opportunities arise daily!
For more information: Clement Manor Volunteer
9200 W. Layton Ave.
- Calling or assisting at bingo games
- Assisting with crafts
- Playing chess, scrabble or cribbage
- Helping with parties and socials
- Computer lab assistant
- Friendly visitor
More information: Layton Terrace Volunteer Opportunities
11125 W. Layton Ave.
- Office help
- Health and fitness
- Holidays and special occasions
- Personalized care
- Specialized groups
- Day trip escorts
For more information: Castle Home Care Volunteer
7210 W. Edgerton Ave.
- Providing your time and talent to help make Wisconsin a healthier community enables the BloodCenter to make a difference in the lives of patients.
For more information: BloodCenter of Wisconsin Contact Us (Volunteering)