Editor's Note: This McDonald's location used to be Solid Gold McDonald's, a popular Greenfield landmark, but was remodeled in spring 2011. More information about Solid Gold McDonald's is below.
The Solid Gold McDonald's, built in 1970, is on south 76th Street, just south of Holmes Avenue, and is a landmark in the city of Greenfield. Solid Gold McDonald's serves up the fast-food giant's traditional menu, but there's a rock 'n' roll departure in decor.
Other McDonald's don't have Mac the Night, a singing moon at a full-size grand piano, life-size statues of Elvis and Les Paul, signed photographs and Beatles memorabilia throughout the restaurant. This rock 'n' roll museum McDonald's has a 24-hour drive-through, free Wi-Fi and a McCafe where you can get a mocha, latte, cappuccino, smoothie or frappe.
- Hours: Dining room: Daily, 5am - 11pm. Drive-through: Daily, 24 hrs. Breakfast: Mon - Fri, 4am -10:30am; Sat, Sun, 4am - 11am.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1970
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, wraps, salads, shakes, soda, coffee
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Big Mac
- Price level: $
- Features: Breakfast, Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual