The Greenfield Police Department responded to a call last week that didn’t smell right from the start.
A father called police when his 15-year-old struck his 10-year-old in the face. He called back later to tell police he had resolved the issue and that further assistance was not needed. Police, however, talked to both children and found out the 15-year-old slapped her sister because the younger sibling farted on her sister’s dresser.
No arrests were made, and all family members were advised on how to handle similar situations, should they occur.
That and the following incidents were recorded in the Greenfield Police Department log for the week of Feb. 18-24:
- A 29-year-old man was arrested for second offense operating while intoxicated, operating after revocation and resisting arrest at 1:30 a.m. Feb. 18, after he was stopped for traffic near the intersection of South 92nd Street and West Howard Avenue.
- A woman was cited for disorderly conduct after refusing to leave and threatening a bartender at Grainger’s, 3400 W. Loomis Rd., at 6:40 p.m. Feb. 18.
- A 17-year-old Pick ‘n Save employee was cited for theft from the store, 4279 S. 76th St., at 7 p.m. Feb. 18.
- Policed handed out a number of citations after a parent called police to report her son was missing. The parent’s son, a juvenile, who was located at 7 p.m. Feb. 19, about 30 hours after he was previously seen, was cited for possession of marijuana and obstructing. Other citations were: possession of mushrooms and tobacco for a 17-year-old man; possession of marijuana and obstructing for a juvenile; possession of mushrooms for a 17-year-old man and possession of mushrooms and tobacco for a juvenile.
- An 18-year-old woman was arrested for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop at the intersection of 27th Street and West Bottsford Avenue at 10 p.m. Feb. 20.
- A caller told police two people were having inappropriate relations in a car parked behind the strip mall behind Amy’s Academy, 4161 S. 76th St, at 4:10 p.m. Feb. 22. The couple was gone when officers arrived.
- A 39-year-old Greenfield man was arrested for domestic violence – battery after his wife’s sister reported he had pushed and struck his wife in the 6500 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 5:05 p.m. Feb. 23.