There’s a time and place for hygiene.
Where you usually stand in line and decide between Coke and or Mellow Yellow isn’t one of them.
A 52-year-old man was caught bathing his foot in the soda dispenser machine at , 5040 S. 76th Street, at 5 p.m. Sept. 3.
The restaurant’s manager allegedly spotted the man and asked him to stop. The manager told police the man became belligerent and left the restaurant carrying two large plastic bags and a curtain rod.
The manager said the man was a vagrant, whom he has had trouble with in the past, and did not wish to pursue the matter. But he did tell police the man was not welcomed back.
Police advised the man he’d be arrested for trespassing if he returned.
That and the following incidents were reported in the log for the week of Sept. 3-9:
- An employee of the city’s park and recreation department reported to police a portable restroom was tipped on its side and wood was scattered near the new building construction on the south side of sometime before 9:30 a.m. Sept. 3.
- A 24-year-old man as arrested for alleged possession of marijuana during a traffic stop in the 6700 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 3.
- A 44-year-old man in the 3700 block of South 46th Street was warned by police about disturbing the neighbors after he allegedly yelled vulgarities at his girlfriend for not bringing him a dinner plate she had fixed for him around 6:15 p.m. Sept. 3. The man then told police they’d likely be returning because “we like to party,” and that he didn’t care what his neighbors thought of him.
- An 18-year-old man was taken into custody for alleged possession of drug paraphernalia and carrying a concealed knife without a permit during a traffic stop in the 4800 block of West Loomis Road at 1:35 p.m. Sept. 4.
- An employee at , 4161 S. 76th Street, reported two catalytic convertors from vehicles in the child care provider’s lot were taken sometime over the Labor Day weekend.
- A man in the 3800 block of South 35th Street reported his van was stolen between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. Sept. 3.
- A man reported approximately $700 in change was missing from his residence in the 3200 block of West Lynndale Avenue at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 4.
- An employee at , 4440 S. 108th St., reported the theft of two catalytic converters from two vehicles. The theft occurred sometime between Aug. 29 and Sept. 5.
- A juvenile was taken into custody for possession of marijuana and a 19-year-old man arrested for distribution of marijuana after being stopped by officers at the intersection of South 68th Street and West Forest Home Avenue at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 5.
- A woman came to the police station with a bag of what she believed to be marijuana that was left in her mailbox in the 8000 block of West Forest Home Avenue at 8:50 p.m. Sept. 6. Turns out it was not marijuana but more likely oregano.
- A man in the 4400 block of South 43rd Street reported a friend broke into his residence and stole money, a PlayStation 3 and an iPod sometime before 4 p.m. Sept. 7.